Monday, September 15, 2008

I judge, do you?



I don't know about you guys, but I'm an incredibly judgmental person. I sort of wish I wasn't, but I am.

I judge people, places, things and right now, most importantly, restaurants...

...by their bathrooms.

And this has been bothering me for a while now.

Top of the Hill, as many of you know, is a mediocre restaurant/bar in the center of Chapel Hill, NC that (ab)uses its primo location to charge too much for food and far too much for a beer.

So be it. I'm fine with that. I'll spend fifteen bones for a $7 burger as long as the cool people go there. That's not the issue. The issue is, if you're going to fake being a classy, upscale venue, don't give me urinals that belongs in a college football stadium. Give me something to look forward to.

When I'm dropping six hours of work on a girl for dinner, I don't want to pee into a trough. I'm already worried about the girl thinking I'm a pig. I don't need (sub)conscious conformation from the urinal.

And maybe the above example isn't exactly right for TopO, but there are a bunch of interesting possibilities out there.

2 comments:

jb said...

I just want everyone to know this that our buddy pome wrote this one while supposedly studying for the ethics exam we both have tomorrow. Very productive night at Davis for him.

Robby Fink said...

My favorite urinals can be found at The Argyle (http://www.theargyle.biz/) where one corner of its unisex bathroom is filled pod-like structures. You step up into these space ship looking pods to pee into an illuminated waterfall. And all the girls in the bathroom can see how much fun it is for you to use the restroom.