Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"I don't understand. Why do you sleep in a bush?"


Are you in the mood for a rant? I know I am...


How many of you go to the bar in hopes that every girl (guy) you meet forgets your interaction by the next day?

Is your hand raised?

I didn't think so.


I'm tired of going to the bar and having the same conversation over and over again.

At the beginning of the year, it's "what classes are you in?" or "how was your summer?" Last week it was "what are you going to be for Halloween?" and last night it was "who did you vote for?"

If nothing big is going on then you can always count on "(insert dialogue about alcohol here)."


Stop.

Please.


We're all unique in our own way. So instead of talking about how much you drank, talk about what makes you who you are. Or better yet, talk about what makes her who she is.

If you can't think of anything interesting, then do something worth talking about.

I slept in a bush in front of my home for eight weeks. Yeah, it sucked when it was too hot or too cold, but it made one hell of a conversation.

And I'm not saying you need to go live in a bush...

...but maybe you do.

Advertisers call this concept 'clutter'. When there's too much of the same crap marketing everywhere, it all gets tuned out.

And when you're at a bar and you meet someone, aren't you really just trying to sell yourself.

So stop adding to the clutter.


I don't know about you, but I'll always take different or surprising over forgettable.

Even when different means a little weird.

No comments: