Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're not that different after all (Gender Equality Part 1)


I've written before and will again about being a big proponent of women's equality.

And I think part of that is realizing that men and women aren't that different after all.


A few days ago I had lunch with a girl friend (note the space... again).

She was talking about an exam she took where she thought she did really well. The conversation went something like this:

Pomer: "What did you get?"
G F: "92"
Pomer: "What was the class average?"
G F: "93"

(Thirty seconds pass as we eat.)

Pomer: "You know if it were me, I would have lied about the class average."
G F: "What do you mean?"
Pomer: "I would have said it was a 91... and not even felt bad about it."
G F: "Haha, why would I lie to you?"
Pomer: "I don't know, I guess it doesn't really matter."

(The conversation shifts to your standard what are you doing this weekend.)

G F: "Blah Blah Blog"
Pomer: "Yada Yada Yoda"

(Five minutes later)

G F: "I have a confession to make..."
Pomer: "Okay..."
G F: "I made an 88 on the test."
Pomer: (erupting in laughter) "I knew it!"


(Pomer - 1, G F - 0)

No comments: